Motorcycle Track Day Preparation
- A clean, road-worthy motorcycle with properly operating controls is required.
- Minimum 250 cc displacement.
- Mirrors must be taped or removed.
- Headlight and taillight must be taped and the brake light completely covered or disabled to not distract following riders.
- Engine in good running condition with no leaks.
- Tires in new or near new condition. This is important because you can easily get in excess of 175 miles on the track per day.
- Safety wire or RTV silicone adhesive is required on the oil drain bolt and recommended on other critical fasteners.
- Wheel weights must be taped.
- Full coverage leathers (1 piece or top and bottom zipped together) or an equivalent Cordura Nylon or Kevlar suit. (Aerostich OK)
- Leather or Kevlar riding gloves extending above the wrist.
- Leather riding boots extending above the ankle.
- A DOT and/or Snell approved full-face helmet with no damage.
- Joe Rocket “Phoenix” or similar light-weight suits are not acceptable.